Sunday, November 1, 2009

Yearning for something quick & light...

...I decided to make my all time favourite meal for dinner tonight.

~ Noodle Salad with Oriental Dressing~

Noods Salad

It’s one of those easy meals where U toss whatever U feel like eating into a salad, how hard could that be!

After a rampaging through my fridge, I gathered:

  • Romaine lettuce
  • Purple cabbage
  • Yellow bell pepper
  • Cucumber
  • Spring onions
  • Coriander - I used alot...about 2 bunches

- Cut the above into fine strips & set aside.

Let’s do the dressing next:

  • 150ml Olive oil
  • 30ml Sesame oil
  • 120ml Soy sauce – I used Japanese soy sauce
  • 80g Brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp Ginger - grated
  • 4-5 tbsp Garlic - minced
  • Chili flakes – use as required
  • 1-2 tsp Sesame seeds - roasted

-Whisk the above until it’s well mixed. (Taste & adjust to your liking…)

As for the noods, use whatever U fancy….I had mine with Korean wheat noodles today.
I also added hard boiled eggs & left over roasted chicken.

Put all the vegetables, noodles, meat etc into a big mixing bowl, drizzle the dressing, toss well & serve.
Throw in some piping hot garlic bread along side to complete the meal…yumz!

post signature