Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sticky Rice

Sticky Rice

It’s been a quite a while since I last made savory sticky rice, correct me if I am wrong, I think savory sticky rice originated from Shanghai.
This is a common breakie staple for countries in the Far East, as well as China, it tastes even better when accompanied by a nice glass of hot soya milk.

In preparation for this dish, I washed & soaked the uncooked glutinous rice the night before.

Start off by steaming the rice for 45 mins till the grains appear translucent.
Spread the rice on a plastic sheet when it has cooled down slightly.
U may use any ingredient U desire but I usually have mine with fried fritters, pork floss & pickled vegetables (spicy Taiwanese version).
Put the ingredients in the center of the rice then roll the rice tightly into a cylinder shape & eat it while it’s warm.

This is also a great picnic food, if U like to eat it only when it’s warm, simply remove the plastic wrap & steam it for 10 mins.

post signature