Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Grilled Honey Chicken

Grilled Honey Chicken

The only meat I eat is fish and chicken; I take beef less than 5 times a year, just not a fan of beef.
And I seldom eat pork… cuz I dislike the smell.
Lamb is totally not my cup of tea.
Innards of any nature are untouchable…I will puke if any of it come close to my mouth.

In my freezer, U can only find fish & chicken.
When a recipe calls for meats of any kind, I will always substitute it with the dear old chicky.

Rarely, can U see any other meats making an appearance here.

Today’s meal features the chicky of cuz….
Usually, I roast or grill chicken with the skin intact. But hub (who does my grocery shopping) usually removes the skin before storing them, unless I instruct him otherwise.
So U see a skinless chicken today…..
If U have the skin on, U will get a crispy skin and the meat is more juicy cuz the skin will trap the juice & the skin also produce enough oil to enhance the taste of the meat.


Grilled Honey Chicken
(Serves 2)

What U need:

  • 1 large Chicken breast

Marinate:

  • 2tbsp Soya sauce
  • 2tbsp Mirin
  • 1tbsp Ginger juice
  • 1tsp Sugar
  • 1tsp Honey - for glazing the meat during grilling

Method:

  1. Wash and pat dry the chicken breast.
  2. Use the back of a knife to tenderize the meat.
  3. Prepare marinating sauce & marinate the chicken for 1 hr.
  4. Grill the chicken for 10 mins, skin side up together with all the marinating sauce.
  5. After the initial 10 mins of grilling, spread honey on the chicken skin & con’t grilling for another 10 mins or till cook.
  6. Serve with rice, noodles or as a warm salad.

post signature